Included in the 2014 Silver Sets from the US Mint should be the 2014 United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set ™ as well as the 2014 United States Mint Silver Proof Set ™. These proof silver sets contain several coins struck from 90% silver.
In fact, the Quarter Silver Set contains five quarter dollars which total 0.904 ounces of the precious metal when added together. The Silver Set contains even more as it includes the same five quarter dollars as well as a Roosevelt Dime and a Kennedy Half Dollar, also struck from silver. Its total comes to 1.338 ounces when those two coins are added in.
Both of the silver sets contain coins struck to proof quality at the US Mint’s facility in San Francisco. The Mint places these coins in protective lenses to safeguard their finish.
2014 America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set
Each 2014 Quarters Silver Proof Set will contain the five coins struck that year as part of the US Mint’s America the Beautiful Quarters® Program. These 2014 America the Beautiful Quarters represent the fifth year for the program which debuted in 2010.
The five coins scheduled to be a part of this set include:
- 2014-S Great Smoky Mountains Quarter representing Great Smoky Mountains National Park of Tennessee
- 2014-S Shenandoah Quarter representing Shenandoah National Park of Virginia
- 2014-S Arches Quarter representing Arches National Park of Utah
- 2014-S Great Sand Dunes Quarter representing Great Sand Dunes National Park of Colorado
- 2014-S Everglades Quarter representing Everglades National Park of Florida
Each of these are struck from 90% silver with the complete set totaling 0.904 ounces of the precious metal.
2014 Silver Proof Set
The 2014 Silver Proof Set represents all of the circulating coinage produced by the US Mint that year, but for the sake of this set, the coins are struck to proof quality. Silver coins in the set include the aforementioned five quarter dollars as well as a Roosevelt Dime and a Kennedy Half Dollar, also struck from a composition of 90% of the precious metal. The remaining strikes in the silver proof set are struck from their standard clad composition.
The fourteen coins scheduled to be included in the silver proof set include:
- 2014-S Lincoln Cent
- 2014-S Jefferson Nickel
- 2014-S Roosevelt Dime
- 2014-S Great Smoky Mountains Quarter
- 2014-S Shenandoah Quarter
- 2014-S Arches Quarter
- 2014-S Great Sand Dunes Quarter
- 2014-S Everglades Quarter
- 2014-S Kennedy Half Dollar
- 2014-S Native American $1 Coin
- 2014-S Warren Harding Presidential $1 Coin
- 2014-S Calvin Coolidge Presidential $1 Coin
- 2014-S Herbert Hoover Presidential $1 Coin
- 2014-S Franklin Roosevelt Presidential $1 Coin
A total of 1.338 ounces of silver is included in the set when all seven of the precious metal containing coins of the set are added together. This gives each set an intrinsic melt value approximately equal to that amount on the open market.